Poker enthusiasts can enjoy a high level of poker excitement and entertainment when they head to the poker room at the Grande Vegas online casino. Grande Vegas offers a wide range of video poker online games including games for high stakes players, budget gamers, beginners, poker mavens and video poker play with additional progressive jackpot payouts!
The Grande Vegas features a variety of video poker casino games that include the classic Aces and Eights Poker, All American Poker, Joker Poker and 7s Wild Poker as well as high-energy, technologically advanced games like Deuces Wild Poker, Double Double Jackpot Poker, Jacks or Better Poker and many more. T
here are even progressive jackpot poker games like Caribbean Hold ‘Em Poker and Caribbean Stud Poker where you can add a small additional side bet and compete for the chance to achieve a second win!
Each player should review the different types of poker that the online casino offers to decide which is the game that fits his/her personal playing style and techniques. Here are a few of the most popular video poker games that you’ll find at the Grande Vegas casino.
Jacks or Better Poker
Jacks or Better video poker is played similarly to five-card draw poker but there’s no bluffing or raising. You simply make your bet before the first draw and aim to build a hand that includes a pair of jacks or better.
Start by placing your bet. You can bet as little or as much as you want – the choice of whether to play a high-stakes, mid-level or low-stakes game is completely yours. After your wager you’ll receive five cards. You can choose which ones you want to keep and which ones you want to discard. The dealer will then deal you replacement cards for any cards that you discard.
The higher your hand rank is, the better you perform against the dealer – that’s what determines whether you get your payout or not. You must, however, have a pair of Jacks or better to win. So even if you have a pair of tens and the dealer’s hand is lower than yours, you won’t win.
Poker is one of the few casino games where skill plays a part. Of course, the luck of the draw is still a big factor but if you play skillfully, you can reduce the house edge. Some tips for playing Jacks or Better poker include:
- If you have any pair, keep it and draw 3 other cards.
- If you only have 1 high card, keep it and draw four additional cards.
- If you have three cards to a straight flush or three-of-a-kind, exchange 2 cards.
- If you have four-of-a-kind, four cards to a flush or a straight or two pairs, exchange only 1 card.
Deuces Wild Poker
In a Deuces Wild Poker game, two of any suit can substitute for any other card to help you build your hand. In addition, multiple deuces are worth more than multiples of other cards.
Deuces wild is played like a traditional poker game. You make your bet, take your 5 cards, discard those that you don’t want, accept replacements and then compare your final hand to that of the dealer. Any deuce can replace any other card to help you build your hand.
The highest hands are:
- Five of a kind – one deuce plus four cards of the same value.
- Deuces royal flush – a Royal Flush, in which one card is replaced by a deuce.
- Four deuces.
- Natural royal flush – 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace of the same suit.
Joker Poker involves, once again, building a poker hand that has a higher value than that of the dealer. Here though, one of the highest hands will have a pair of Jokers or better. Since there’s only a one-in-53 chance of getting the joker, the game strategy needs to be adjusted to fit this reality.
The high hands in Joker poker are:
- Royal straight flush – highest hand, 5 cards of the same suit from 10 to Ace.
- Straight flush – 5 cards of the same suit in order.
- Full House – a pair and three-of-a-kind.
- Flush – 5 cards of the same suit.
- Straight – 5 cards, not necessarily of the same suit, in order.
- Two pairs.
- Pair of Jokers.
Some suggested strategies for playing Joker Poker include:
- If the hand has four-of-a-kind, get rid of the 5th and try for the joker.
- If the hand has three cards to a straight flush, a regal flush, a straight, or a flush, discard the extra two cards to try to build the existing hand.
- If the player receives a joker, he should keep the joker and keep building from the joker.
You can add casino bonuses to all of your video poker games. These bonuses include a Welcome Bonus for new players, a once-monthly quickie boost, a VIP bonus for gamers who accumulate up to 500 comp points during any 3-month period, raffles, bitcoin bonuses for bitcoin players and cashback deals for times when you play with no bonuses attached.
Remember, there’s no waiting for places at the tables to open, no minimum bets bonus promotions that translate into real cash prizes when you play poker at the online casino.